- This event has passed.
Sacred Earth, Sacred Self with Matthew Fox
June 7, 2022 @ 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Reconnect with the sacred Earth to ground yourself, and find a deeper, more meaningful purpose through embracing the truths of mystics — and in the process, saving the planet for future generations.
We are surrounded by evidence that there is something truly out of balance in our world.
When people fail to find joy and meaning, they often turn to substances and other addictions as a coping mechanism to check out emotionally from a life that isn’t grounded and purposeful.
As human beings, we are intimately linked to the Earth and the Cosmos. When we don’t live in harmony with nature and stay connected to Source, we lose our connection to ourselves.
On Tuesday, May 17, Matthew Fox, a theologian and prolific author, will share why cultural historian Thomas Berry’s teachings are so vitally important at this unique juncture.
As Matthew notes, Thomas Berry was an eco-prophet who spoke out about the earth’s destruction over four decades ago.
In this free online event, you’ll:
- Find that when you take action to save the Earth, and connect to Source, you are taking steps to save yourself and future generations
- Discover humanity’s most basic flaw — and its resulting consequences
- Explore why embodying a sense of sacredness is a vital element of human survival — emotionally, spiritually, mentally, and environmentally
- Discover why academic barbarism (when the left brain devours your values by overpowering the right brain) leads to the destruction of the planet by prioritizing profits over respecting the sacredness of the Earth
- Experience a Tai Chi breathing and movement exercise to invite you to breathe in and embody Earth consciousness
In this thought-provoking hour, Mathew will reveal a basic flaw of humanity and its long-term consequences — emotionally, spiritually, mentally, and environmentally.
He’ll share his reflections on Berry’s view of our planet as sacred, and how decades of exploitation have caused tremendous damage, some of it irreversible.
You’ll be invited to do the great work of saving yourself and the planet because personal transformation is not only possible, it’s necessary — not only for your survival, but for the survival of the planet.
In Sacred Earth, Sacred Self: Harmonize With Nature & Reconnect to the Human Community Through the Wisdom of Eco-Prophet Thomas Berry with Matthew Fox…
… you’ll reconnect with the sacred Earth to ground yourself, and find a deeper, more meaningful purpose through embracing the truths of mystics — and in the process, saving the planet for future generations.
We hope you’re able to catch the event as scheduled. But if you register and miss it, you’ll receive a downloadable recording as soon as it’s available.